Arts & Sciences Department Administrator
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
|Position Title||Arts & Sciences Department Administrator|
To manage all administrative functions of the Sociology Department and the Program in Quantitative Social Science (QSS), including prioritization of multiple activities. To support the Chairs and Department/Program faculty, ensuring efficient, accurate and timely operations and sound fiscal management.
|Skills & Knowledge||
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of financial and budget principles and procedures.
• Ability to acquire new technical skills and implement new procedures.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security.
• Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
• Two to four years of administrative, financial or academic experience in a highly autonomous setting.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
|SEIU Level||Not an SEIU Position|
|Employment Category||Regular Full Time|
|Department Contact for Cover Letter||Marc Dixon|
|Equal Opportunity Employer||
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
• Coordinates and organizes faculty/post-doc searches, including advising search chairs and faculty on recruitment policies. Places advertisements in national journals and websites and responds to all applicant inquiries.
|--||Performs other duties as assigned|
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Craig's List
- Dartmouth College Employee
- Dartmouth Employment Web Site
- Diverse Issues
- Diversity, Inc.
- Eagle Times
- Employment & Staffing Office
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- IEEE Computer Society
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- Job Central
- Job Fair
- Manchester Union Leader
- Media Bistro
- National Black MBA Association
- Trade Show/Conference
- Valley News
- Wall Street Journal On-Line
- Women in Higher Education
- Workplace Diversity
- Yahoo Job Board
- Other (Please specify below)
If you answered "Other" to the above question, please specify here
(Open Ended Question)