Adaptive Technology Assistant
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
|Position Title||Adaptive Technology Assistant|
|Department||Student Accessibility Services|
To co-manage and coordinate the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Document Conversion and Alternate Format Services, which includes employee supervision and assisting the SAS Adaptive Technology Specialist with provision of direct adaptive technology services to students with disabilities at Dartmouth College. In addition, to provide other project and administrative support to the Student Accessibility Services office.
|Skills & Knowledge||
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, work efficiently under deadlines, manage details and address multiple tasks that require rapid responses.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues and students.
• Exhibit good independent judgment.
• Demonstrate cultural competence, commitment to diversity, and to serving the needs of a diverse population including individuals with disabilities.
• Proficiency with various computer applications typical in an office environment.
• Some familiarity with document conversion/text-to-speech software (Kurzweil preferred) or other assistive/adaptive technology.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
• Two years prior experience in an educational setting, preferably with a college population.
• Ability to learn new technological applications and troubleshoot technological problems when presented.
• Research skills applicable to technology, higher education, and disability.
• Experience managing students or a small workforce in a fluid environment.
• College degree in education, psychology, social work, or related field preferred.
• High school/Technical school degree considered with relevant employment experience.
|SEIU Level||Not an SEIU Position|
|Employment Category||Regular Full Time|
|Department Contact for Cover Letter||Alicia Brandon, Assistant Director of Student Accessibility Services|
|Equal Opportunity Employer||
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Document Conversion and Alternate Format Services
Administrative Support and Information Management
|--||Performs other duties as assigned.|
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Craig's List
- Dartmouth College Employee
- Dartmouth Employment Web Site
- Diverse Issues
- Diversity, Inc.
- Eagle Times
- Employment & Staffing Office
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- IEEE Computer Society
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- Job Central
- Job Fair
- Manchester Union Leader
- Media Bistro
- National Black MBA Association
- Trade Show/Conference
- Valley News
- Wall Street Journal On-Line
- Women in Higher Education
- Workplace Diversity
- Yahoo Job Board
- Other (Please specify below)
If you answered "Other" to the above question, please specify here
(Open Ended Question)